Newage is a product-led company connecting people and technology to make our teams and clients succeed. The product teams inside Newage develop platforms for fintech, iGaming, insurtech and other businesses.
One of our main products is an iGaming platform based on the Cloud Native SAAS В2В approach. It has been in the production environment for 5 years and has been used by several dozens of international brands.
JVM as the main stack for developing microservices.
Our teams are working with the main principles of the Scrum framework to get the best software product in the shortest time.
ABOUT THE POSITION: We have a high load working process which includes business customer technical support, indicating, escalating a problem and passing it to the relevant team. We take care of our system and perform monitoring, alerting and escalating any issues in the system. We apply SRE principles in our working process. We are acting as a bridge between our system, customers on one hand and the internal teams on another hand.
WHICH TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS WE ARE USING DURING THE WORK: git, Jira, Elastic search, Kibana, Postgress, terraform, Cloudflare, Grafana, Kubernetes, Docker, Airflow, Jenkins.
At least 1 year of experience in 2nd Level Application Support
High Technical Education
Intermediate or upper English level
Strong git knowledge.
Deep understanding and working experience with any Database
Understanding of Network, cloud and general IT infrastructure components
Basic understanding of virtualization/containerization technologies
Understanding, working and troubleshooting experience with API.
Logical and analytical thinking, problem-solving attitude to the working process
Knowledge of any programming language.
Will be a plus:
experience with iGaming projects
experience with Python
experience with Docker / Kubernetes
Technical details of the project:
- Reactive microservice architecture with more than 200 in production ;
- Event driven architecture which uses Apache, Kafka as an Event Storage;
- gRPC to low latency connected critical services;
- JVM as the main stack for developing microservices;
- Scala as the main programming language;
- Akka (Actor, Typed, Cluster, Persistence);
- Cats, ZIO, Monocle, Magnolia;
- Slick, Elastic4S;
- PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Clickhouse as data warehouse;
- Evolutionary developing each microservice, we select the most modern, optimal stack
- AWS hosting;
- AWS RDS for persistent storage;
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery based on Jenkins;
- GitOps for Deployment in the multi-version environment;
- Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring;
- Monitoring and alerting uses business metrics and infrastructure metrics;
(60+ people, with 4-7 members in each Domain Driven Feature Team)
- 4 Scala teams;
- 1 Node JS team;
- 1 Front-end team;
- 1 Data Engineering Team;
- 1 DevOps Team;
- 24/7 L2/L3 Support;
DevOps & Engineering culture:
- Iterative development (2-week sprints);
- Extreme Programming;
- Flat management system;
- The management team and the business team work together to prioritize the Backlog and set business tasks;
- We feature the DevOps culture where the team participates in the whole product development cycle, starting from the analysis of business requirements, implementation, design, and testing to deployment and monitoring and evolution of the feature;
- To ensure the stability of the product, we implement testing at all levels: integration testing, functional testing, exploratory, UI and performance testing as well as alerting and monitoring;
- Development best practices: microservices are made to be as small and isolated as possible;
- We constantly review the architecture seeking ways to improve the technical quality of the product;
- We review the architecture of microservice interactions and decompose them adhering to the principle of single responsibility;
We take care of your:
- Health insurance coverage;
- Paid 20 working days of vacation;
- 10 days of paid sick leave;
- Paid lunches in the office;
- Full support with all PE-related activities;
- Competitive salary and encouragement for your efforts and contribution;
- Financial support in critical situations;
- Transparent career path and growth opportunities;
- Internal and external learning activities;
- Corporate English courses;
- Opportunity to visit paid conferences and events etc;